Question on Design Education
At the moment I am busy preparing for a trip to the U.S.A to visit 2 art&design academies. We are looking forward to learn from them as well as share our own ideas and experiences. There are several topics that we hope to talk about. I am looking forward to share an overview of the outcomes of our meetings after we return. Feel free to leave comments or recommendations if you wish to share your ideas on ant of the topics below:
- Best-practices of art academy ‘core values‘ translated into strategy and operational management. How do academies ‘position’ themselves between other institutes and how is this translated into daily activities?
- Best-practice samples of ‘modulair/flexible‘ art&design education. When the program is not a lineair-proces; how can the level of proficiency increase throughout the years? How can growth be measured?
- Best-practice samples of art academy ‘outreach programs‘. How are these connections made, and are they sustainable for the long term?
- Best-practice samples of ‘inclusive pedagogy‘ in terms of protocol. For example how are admissions organized? What is the role of language and cultural background in this process? How do you create ‘safe spaces’ and prevent conflict for students and teachers?
- Best-practices samples of online-learning-tools for art education. What tools are used for; student project interaction, feedback form, and grades? What are the lates tech-innovations in art&design educations and how are teachers and staff trained in using these tools?